Director of Operations
Thank you for taking the time to explore the possibility of working with the Just Be Yoga team.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position.
- Title: Director of Operations
- Reports to: Founder and Chief Visionary Officer
- Where do you spend your time: Studio + Virtual/Remote
About this Role:
The Just Be Yoga Director of Operations is a responsible for the management and operations of all aspects of the organization. Fundamentally, this is a powerful and empathetic leader who is passionate about people, yoga and driving a world-class business in an ever-changing landscape. Major areas of responsibility include hiring, developing, training, and managing direct reports that are essential to the functionality of day-to-day operations. In addition, developing key strategies to drive top-line growth and revenue targets, while maintaining profitability and managing spending at the bottom line.
You will be responsible for developing a team of strong leaders who are able to work independently in a remote work environment yet are exceptional at cross functional communication and teamwork. The director supports individuals in meeting their respective metrics and responsibilities across categories including new membership acquisition, retention and engagement of existing members, hiring best-in-class teachers and supporting their ongoing development, managing a multi-channel marketing strategy to enable growth, and ensuring both virtual platforms and physical studio locations are in optimal operating condition at all times. Lastly, you will work in tandem with Jenni Wendell, the Founder and Chief Visionary Officer ensuring communication flows effectively across the organizational matrix.
- Responsible to oversee the entirety of the operation (both virtual and multiple physical locations) and drive successful results through a multi-pronged and evolving strategy that meets the demands of today’s business.
- Responsible for managing top and bottom-line P&L revenue targets, payroll and budgets.
- Responsible for driving growth through key metrics such as membership retention, engagement and growth paired with a high-performing classes and effective team productivity.
- Responsible for hiring an all-star team, creating onboarding and training protocols to effectively develop cross functional partnership across organizational matrix. In addition, responsible for HR onboarding/offboarding (with HR partner) and all personnel matters.
- Responsible for hiring, developing and holding team accountable to deliver a world-class member experience including teachers, specialists and coordinator team.
- Responsible for creating a sacred, safe, clean and inviting space for all whether virtually or in-person
- Responsible for retail management, purchase and sell through of all retail merchandise
- Responsible for managing the development of community partnerships and marketing tactics to drive growth across multiple channels (email, website, social, print, etc.).
- Responsible for managing the maintenance of membership accounts to ensure all members are satisfied and up to date (including enrollments, suspensions/terminations, processing payments, collecting unpaid balances, etc.)
- Responsible for managing the creation of innovative and evocative programming that is relevant and industry leading. In addition, hiring best in class teachers and supporting their ongoing development
- In partnership with the Teacher & Programming Specialist is responsible for developing ongoing innovative, unique, and fresh programming that leads industry standards (including workshops, retreats, classes, trainings, immersions and yet to be invented concepts!) as well as host twice annual Just Be Yoga Signature Yoga Teacher Training. Is not afraid to test new concepts and standout in an evolving industry to ensure future viability of the business.
- Attending classes and workshops regularly – always in the know about the latest studio happenings and able to be the “spokesperson” for the studio, classes and teachers
A great match for this role includes, but is not limited to the following characteristics:
- Has a deep connection to the transformative nature of yoga.
- Understands that cultivating community is essential and LOOOOOVES working with people.
- Is an extraordinary and experienced leader with demonstrated capabilities.
- Has the mind of an entrepreneur, is willing to take calculated risks and has excellent decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Is a self-starter and can work remotely with little to no supervision
- Has excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Is not afraid to ask for support and/or communicate their needs in a timely manner.
- Is committed to personal and professional growth and is willing to have open and honest conversations
- Has strong project management skills and is able to delegate tasks and follow up effectively
- Has integrity – you do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it
- Is organized and has strong time management skills
- Is an excellent team player and enjoys working cross-functionally to get the job done
- Is a kind and empathetic leader who is approachable and fun to work with.
- Able to see the bigger picture and create a strategic plan to lead us there.
- Takes responsibility for their life and the impact they have on others. Works to create a life they love.
A day in the life may look like:
- Leading team meetings and consistent communication – working cross functionally with leadership and coordinator teams. Supporting one another to get the job done.
- Generating sales reports, reviewing member analytics, evaluating business trends and implementing/maintaining strategies that support business development.
- Reviewing P&L and budget statements, real estate touring and evaluating expansion opportunities, etc.
- Upward communication, strategy planning, reporting, and partnership, etc.
- Member account management: sales calls, communication and follow up via inquiries from email (info box), voicemail/text, etc.
- Supporting the studio lead(s) to effectively manage the front desk operation, general maintenance of the facility and deepening relationships with members
- Strategy planning – developing ongoing ways to engage and retain current members, and drive growth through new member acquisition
- Innovation and creativity – creating new ways to connect with the community
Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Sick Leave
- Data (phone) reimbursement
- Unlimited monthly membership ($149 value)
- 40% staff discount on retail merchandise