Membership Engagement Specialist
Thank you for taking the time to explore the possibility of working with the Just Be Yoga team.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for this position.
- Title: Membership Engagement Specialist
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Where do you spend your time: Studio + Virtual/Remote
About this Role:
The Just Be Yoga Membership Engagement Specialist is an integral member of the Just Be Leadership team. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Membership Engagement Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining a unique, sacred and world-class membership experience for each and every student of Just Be Yoga.
The Membership Engagement Specialist will support students to tailor their journey, from their first class to yoga teacher training and beyond. This specialist is the first point of contact for all students regarding their experience and they work to foster genuine, connected relationships will all students and members of Just Be Yoga.
- Responsible for membership retention, engagement and growth
- Responsible for developing and implementing a world-class member experience that is adopted organization wide (in partnership with Director of Operations)
- Responsible for regular reporting of membership analytics and strategy results
- Responsible for managing membership accounts and will partner cross-functionally with Studio Lead and Coordinators to ensure all members are satisfied and up to date (including enrollments, suspensions/terminations, processing payments, collecting unpaid balances, etc.)
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing Specialist to ensure all members receive accurate studio updates, communication and happenings
- Responsible for collecting member feedback and working cross-functionally with Teacher and Programming Specialist to develop innovative programming that leads industry standards.
- Responsible for managing incoming inquiries via the info-box, voicemail, etc. on a regular agreed upon basis.
- Attending classes and workshops regularly – always in the know about the latest studio happenings and able to be the “spokesperson” for the studio, classes and teachers
A great match for this role includes, but is not limited to the following characteristics:
- Has a deep connection to yoga. Understands that cultivating community is essential
- LOOOOOVES working with people; encouraging and supporting them along their journey
- Is a self-starter and can work remotely with little to no supervision
- Has excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Is not afraid to ask for support and/or communicate their needs in a timely manner.
- Is committed to personal and professional growth and is willing to have open and honest conversations
- Has integrity – you do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it
- Is organized and has strong time management skills
- Is an excellent team player and enjoys working cross-functionally to get the job done
- Is a strong project manager. Is able to partner and delegate when necessary
- Has excellent decision making and problem resolution skills. Can identify gaps and works quickly to fulfill.
- Can handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Takes responsibility for their life and the impact they have on others. Works to create a life they love.
- Loves a sales goal and knows how enroll others in the process. Can celebrate a job well done!
A day in the life may look like:
- Member account management: sales calls, communication and follow up
- Managing inquiries via email (info box), voicemail/text, etc.
- Supporting the studio, managing the front desk operation, and deepening relationships with members
- Team meetings and consistent communication – working cross functionally with leadership and coordinator teams. Supporting one another to get the job done.
- Reviewing strategy and reporting – sharing results, membership analytics, and class enrollments regularly
- Strategy planning – developing ongoing ways to engage and retain current members, and drive growth through new member acquisition
- Innovation and creativity – creating new ways to connect with the community
Compensation and Benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Health Benefits
- Sick Leave
- Data (phone) reimbursement
- Unlimited monthly membership ($149 value)
- 40% staff discount on retail merchandise