Thank you for taking the time to explore the possibility of working with the Just Be Yoga team.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com if you are interested in applying for this position.
- Title: Studio Coordinator
- Reports to: Studio Lead
- Where do you spend your time: Studio + Outdoor Classes
About this Role:
The Just Be Yoga Studio Coordinator is an integral member of the Just Be Leadership team. Reporting directly to the Studio Lead, the Studio Coordinator is responsible for creating a welcoming and friendly studio environment while providing a sacred and world-class membership experience for each and every student of Just Be Yoga. The coordinator is the main point of contact for all students as they enter and depart the studio and strives to connect with each and every guest to foster genuine, connected relationships will all students and members of Just Be Yoga.
In addition to the creating a safe and welcoming space for all, the Studio Coordinator supports the overall function of the day-to-day operations of the studio. They know the ins and outs of the class schedule and programming and the styles of our various teachers and can navigate our booking platform with ease and confidence. Working alongside the Membership Engagement Specialist, the coordinator is responsible for generating membership and retail sales through basic knowledge and education of our offerings.
- Responsible for generating a welcoming and comfortable space for all who enter our doors
- Responsible for ensuring that every student is warmly greeted as they enter the studio space and thanked as they depart
- Responsible for membership retention, student engagement and positive growth of the business by providing an excellent experience
- Responsible for supporting day to day functioning and operations by completing tasks such as encouraging retail sales, processing membership related transactions, checking students in for class, managing daily inquiries via email, phone, and maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the studio overall.
- Attending classes and workshops regularly – always in the know about the latest studio happenings and able to be the “spokesperson” for the studio, classes and teachers
A great match for this role includes, but is not limited to the following characteristics:
- Has a deep connection to yoga. Understands that cultivating community is essential
- LOOOOOVES working with people; encouraging and supporting them along their journey
- Is a self-starter and works well with little to no supervision
- Has excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Is not afraid to ask for support and/or communicate their needs in a timely manner.
- Is committed to personal and professional growth and is willing to have open and honest conversations
- Has integrity – you do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it
- Is organized and has strong time management skills
- Is an excellent team player and enjoys working cross-functionally to get the job done
- Has excellent decision making and problem resolution skills. Can identify gaps and works quickly to fulfill.
- Can handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
- Takes responsibility for their life and the impact they have on others. Works to create a life they love.
- Loves a sales goal and is motivated by hitting targets. Can celebrate a job well done!
A day in the life may look like:
- Managing the Front Desk duties in the studio (and outdoor classes) while deepening relationships with members and students
- Greeting all guests, checking students into class, ensuring the teacher has what they need to confidently teach, expressing gratitude and goodbyes at departure
- Member account management: sales calls, communication and follow up
- Managing inquiries via email, voicemail/text, etc.
- Merchandising and general studio cleaning and upkeep
- Periodic Team meetings and consistent communication – working cross functionally with leadership and coordinator teams. Supporting one another to get the job done.
- Listening. Gathering feedback from members and passing it along to cross functional partners with intent to improve student relations and studio operations
- Innovation and creativity – creating new ways to connect with the community
Work – Trade Agreement & Benefits include:
- Minimum 10-12 hours per month (such as a weekly 3 hour shift)
- Unlimited monthly membership ($149 value)
- 20% staff discount on retail merchandise